ITAZURA NA KISS SERIES - RANKED イタズラなKISS


Did you know? Itazura na Kiss is originally a Japanese shoujo manga series written and illustrated by Kaoru Tada. Later on, this Manga series was adapted into Anime. After some time this was adapted into live action drama series.

Let's rank them up:


Playful Kiss
Korean Adaptation
2010
5/10

This is 4th on my list because I felt between the four adaptations the storyline was quite far from the Manga. There was also some unnecessary characters like the pretty chic from the first episode I didn't understand where she came from and what her importance is. I felt like there was no need for her. Moreover, Oh Ha Ni was lacking quirkiness, not the Kotoko I know. Of course, I love Kim Hyun-Joong, but compared to the others actors who portrayed Naoki I felt that there was something lacking.





Kiss Me
Thailand Adaptation
2015
6/10

This 3rd on my list. This adaptation has a lot of differences compared to the manga/anime. Nonetheless, it was still good. The main characters had some chemistry it's just that I fell that there was something lacking. One of which is the main character, Taliw, I felt that as Kotoko she could have done more. There were a lot supposedly tear-jerking scenes yet I couldn't feel the pain. The male main lead character (Tenten) was okay, I liked that fact that he was showing some emotions also I would like to commend his acting because there was a point in the drama series that I disliked him for what he was doing.



Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo
Japanese Adaptation
2013
8/10

This is 2nd on my list because first and foremost, I enjoyed the characters who were portrayed by Miki Honoka and Yuki Furukawa. Their chemistry was also good, I mean they look good together. It's so good that I would watch their behind the scenes footage on Youtube and smile like a fool. Also, I would like to applaud Kin-chan in this series, he was my favorite out of the adaptations. He was so adorable.

Although there were some differences between the drama and the manga, like how Kotoko's house got destroyed, about that second kiss, etc. I think it didn't affect the quality of the drama. It was still good. The silliness was there, the romance was there and of course, the drama was also there. I also like the fact that Kotoko didn't have to act like an over the top stupid girl in this drama adaptation yet she was still quirky. As, for Yuki Furukawa, he is okay as Naoki, his coldness was there, stonefaced and all, I just hope that he could let out some emotions/ expressions especially towards Kotoko. Nonetheless, this is a good drama!





It Started with a Kiss
Taiwanese Adaptation
2005
9/10

They say old but gold! This is number 1 on my list. This series is so nostalgic, I can still remember the first time I started watching this. I was in elementary school and I would watch every episode of it on TV. The chemistry between Ariel Lin and Joe Cheng is too much that I started shipping them during that time. They were cute together, the comedic scenes were very funny. Jiro Wang was also amazing in this adaptation. He was one of my faves who played the 2nd male role. I liked how carefree the drama was. It was such a feel-good drama. Furthermore, compared to the other adaption, I think It started with a kiss very close to the manga's storyline and they gave in-depth story of other characters. The two main lead's acting is superb They are perfect as Zhi Shu and Xiang Qin. If you want a good laugh try watching this!





What are your thoughts?


I would like to hear from you.

ALLASIANBLOG

Twitter: @allasianblog

Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/allasianblog/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_QUqGS5E3l7T1qd8Nk7tjw

Comments

Popular Posts

My photo
All Asian Blog
Welcome to allasianblog! This blog offers various contents ranging from dramas, songs, culture, etc.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *